What is shockwave therapy?
Shockwave therapy, also known as extracorporeal shockwave therapy (ESWT), is a highly effective non- invasive procedure in which pressure wave are introduced into the body to treat various musculoskeletal conditions. It involves acoustic shock waves passed through the skin and targeted towards injured areas using a special hand piece or device. This helps to treat acute and chronic pain in affected areas such as shoulder, elbow, knee and heel. The procedure works by enhancing blood flow to the injured area, breakdown fibrous scar tissue thereby accelerating the natural healing process. The normal function can then be restored.
- Non surgical treatment
- Limited side effects
- Pain reduction & accelerate healing
- Increase mobility
- Plantar Fasciitis (Heel/ Arch pain)
- Heel spur
- Tennis / Golf’s elbow
- Inflammations and calcification of shoulder joint tendons
- Frozen shoulder
- Jumper’s Knee/ Patellar tendonitis
- Trigger-points or painful points in muscles
- Chronic neck, shoulder and back pain
- Scar tissue treatment
- Knee osteoarthritis