Our Latest News
Why sleep is important
Why sleep is important
Surprisingly medical science has found that some of the basic things we do, as babies are still as important to us when we have grown up. Things like letting out waste daily, eating small amounts of food according to the body clock and most of all sleeping.
Why is sleeping so important?
- Sleep affects the quality of life. Your life is shortened if you have less than five hours of sleep per night.
- Sleeping more than six hours curbs inflammation, which is linked to heart disease, stroke, diabetes and arthritis.
- What you are physically or mentally practicing when you are awake, the mind stores them better when you have adequate sleep.
- When you sleep more, your brain organizes and restructures your memories. This improves recall and creativity.
- Interrupted breathing while sleeping affects attention and learning. Sleep deprivation also impairs learning,
- Top athletes have been found to peak in their performance when they have at least 10 hours of sleep. Sleep improves stamina.
- People on a diet lose weight twice as fast and retain their muscle mass with adequate sleep compared to those who were sleep deprived. Less sleep also causes you to feel hungrier.
- Sleep reduces stress level and cholesterol levels.
- Sleep reduces anxiety, impatience and depression. You get more emotional stability with good sleep.
- Studies have shown that long sleeps on the weekends do not make up for the short sleeping hours on the weekdays. You require the same amount of sleep of more than 6 hours of deep sleep every night.
Getting much more restful sleep is one of the common benefits of Chiropractic Care.
If you have problem sleeping due to back pain, neck pain or headaches, seeing a chiropractor would help. If your infant has problem sleeping, taking them to get chiropractic adjustments would be beneficial. Chiropractic care helps to alleviate discomfort, improve relaxation and improve blood flow. Chiropractors can advice on sleeping postures; and recommend the type of supportive mattress and pillow to improve your sleep.
Get your sleep improved. Make an appointment with Asia Chiropractic and Wellness Singapore.
Asia Chiropractic and Wellness Singapore